Skip To Main Content

Enrollment/New Student Info


We hope that your student's time here is successful, happy and rewarding. It is our belief that these years are most meaningful for students who take an active role in their education. That means we hold our students responsible for good attendance, solid study habits, and achievement to the best of their ability.

You can begin the enrollment process by clicking on Enrollment on the left side bar.  If you need a paper enrollment packet, you can pick up one in our office. When you submit your registration information, we will process it and request records from your previous school. Once we have those records and are ready to meet, we will call you to set an enrollment appointment.

Questions? Contact the SKHS Counseling Office - Front Desk: 360-874-5627   FAX: 360-874-5898
Enrollments: Rebecka Greene -- 360-874-5629 --

Enrollment & New Student Information:
District Residency
Proof of residency in the South Kitsap School District service area is required for all new enrollments. Acceptable documents include:
▪ Property tax bill
▪ Government correspondence
▪ Homeowner’s documents OR current lease agreement (must not be expired)
▪ Utility bills (water, sewer, gas, electric, cable, garbage)—mailing address must be the residence address, dated in last 90 days
➢ Cell phone bills are not acceptable forms of verification
Immunization Records
A Certificate of Immunization Status must be completed prior to enrollment. Washington State Law, WAC 246.105.050, requires that we must have your student’s immunization records upon enrollment. The form and supporting medical records will be checked to ensure that state requirements are fulfilled. If immunizations records are not complete for enrollment, your student will be excluded from school.
Previous School Records
A copy of the student's transcript from their most recent school is required to build a schedule based on the credits they have earned at previous schools. Other necessary documentation includes records for Special Education Services. We will request these records as part of the enrollment process and after review, will call to set up an enrollment appointment.
Withdrawal Documents from Previous School - (Only Needed After Start of the School Year)
We will also request percentage grades for classes in progress as we will attempt to place the student in the same class. Lack of transfer grades could limit the awarding of full credit for the class depending on how much of the semester remains at enrollment.

At Your Enrollment Appointment:

New students will meet with their counselor to choose classes and discuss credit and graduation status. Other information given at the enrollment appointment includes:
Bus Schedules
Schedules for school district transportation are posted on the school district website under Quick Links – Bus Stops shortly before the start of the school year. SKSD Transportation can be reached at 360-874-7090. (During the year, we will give this information to new students at their enrollment appointment.)

At the end of the appointment, new students will be taken on a tour of the school and receive: 
Student I.D. Cards
Students at South Kitsap High School are required to carry their student photo I.D. card with them at all times. This card is used for book room check out, library check out, school breakfast/lunch, and for general identification. There is no charge for the initial I.D. card, but replacement cards are assessed a replacement fee (at this time, $5.00).  
Chromebooks and textbooks are checked out via the Library and Bookroom. Lockers are optional and can be assigned at any time in the Counseling office.

Additional SKHS Information:
Closed Campus
South Kitsap High School is a closed campus. Students needing to leave during the school day must check in/out through the Attendance Office and have prior permission from a parent or guardian. Students needing to go to their car during non-class time must get a car pass from the Main Office.
South Kitsap High School offers both breakfast and lunch programs. Your student’s I.D. card is used to credit/debit monies received. For the 2023-24 school year, we will have a new payment system: watch for updates via email. Students may also take money for meals directly to the kitchen before school to have it applied to their account. Money for SKHS Food Program accounts will not be accepted at any other office. Forms for the Free or Reduced Meal Program are available in the Counseling Office, Main Office, and on the school district website. Forms are processed at the Food and Nutrition Services Office, located on Madrona Drive. Phone 360-443-3663.
All money to be paid to SKHS is received at the ASB Office window. (ASB accepts, cash, check and credit or debit cards. You may also pay fees online at, choose Web Store from the Quick Links menu.
The only exceptions are breakfast/lunch money which must be deposited at the Kitchen, sports/theatre events for which admission is charged at the door, and purchases made at the Student Store.
Student Parking
Students parking on campus must have a parking permit. The parking contract can be found at Students who do not have online or printer access may pick up parking paperwork at the Security office and/or ASB window. Please check online for requirements and fee info. Parking permits will be sold to seniors and juniors only starting during Back to School Week, but sophomores can turn in their paperwork in August and will be able to purchase a permit starting the second week of school subject to spaces being available. PLEASE BE AWARE parking passes sell out quickly. There is limited on-street parking on Mitchell Avenue. On-campus parking is strictly enforced and illegally parked vehicles will be fined and/or towed. Abuse of parking privileges can result in revocation of a parking permit.
To register for Athletics/Sports, go to Complete the forms and submit the student’s current physical. Next purchase an ASB card and pay participation fee(s) either online or at the ASB office. More information and forms are available in the Athletics Office or call 360-874-5731. You can also visit the athletics webpage at for more information.
We encourage parents/guardians to participate in our volunteer program. Interested persons should contact the Volunteer Coordinator by dialing the main office 360-874-5600. The Volunteer Coordinator will be happy to help you register and complete a Washington State Patrol background check. Help is needed from August through June!
Student Activities
Information regarding student activities is available through daily bulletins, which are broadcast on our closed-circuit TV news program, WTV, and posted to the high school website (Connect – SKHS Bulletin). WTV is also rebroadcast on WAVE Channel 205. The Student Planner and Handbook also lists club and sport activities and the advisors/coaches for these activities; the club list can also be found at

We look forward to meeting new Wolves!