Give the Gift of Time
Volunteering at South Kitsap High School is a wonderful way to stay connected to the students in our community. It allows you the opportunity to be a part of what is happening at the high school.
SKHS has over 2,000 students enrolled in grades 9-12 and volunteers are needed to help with many activities. Be a part of a winning team and help us shape the future.
All individuals must provide:
Please return the completed forms to the Main Office and bring your picture ID for us to photocopy.
Feel free to contact us with any questions. We look forward to meeting you!
Additional Volunteer Forms
- Volunteer Coach Application
- Driver's Assurance Form
- District Volunteer Driver Checklist - Private Vehicle.pdf
CHAPERONES & VOLUNTEERS
- All Volunteers and Chaperones must be vetted and approved before participating in any team/group activity, coaching or travel.
- SKSD Volunteer Form/WA State Patrol Criminal History Information on file.
- Volunteers and Chaperones can NEVER complete any paperwork or make any purchases on behalf of a team, club or group. (without express written consent by the district office).
- Volunteer and Chaperone expenses cannot be covered using ASB funds.
- All Volunteer Chaperones must be at least 21 years old.
- The district guideline for adult to student ratio is a minimum of 2 adults (high/middle school age 1:20 subject to duration and type of trip)
- Volunteers and Chaperones must know applicable school policies, their duties and responsibilities. They must be aware of specific emergency procedures.
- Prior to driving a district or rented vehicle, Volunteers and Chaperones much complete a Written Assurance for Drivers and submit it to the Transportation dept.
- Using a privately-owned vehicle is strongly discouraged. If necessary, a SKSD Volunteer Driver Form must be approved prior to the trip.
For initial employment as a paid and/or volunteer interscholastic coach, an individual must meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school graduate or have completed a graduation equivalency diploma (GED) program.
- Be at least 21 years of age to be a head coach.
- Be at least 19 years of age to be an assistant coach except as –
- High school students may serve as middle level volunteer assistant coaches during the designated middle school season when under the direct supervision of the middle level coach. These high school students must meet WIAA coaches’ standards minimum requirements and SKSD coaching requirements.
- Check the current year WIAA Official Handbook online for all Coaching standard requirements and certifications at: WIAA HANDBOOK (Article 20 & Appendix 17)
VOLUNTEER COACHES must turn in the following at the Athletics Office:
- Complete an SKSD Volunteer Coach Application.
- Hold a valid current CPR Certification or be enrolled in an approved CPR Course.
- Pass a Washington State Patrol Criminal History Information background check (by completing the SKSD Volunteer Application and providing Photo I.D. to the school’s volunteer coordinator).
- Have successfully completed Concussion recognition and management with Return to Play Protocols training as required by Washington State Law that must be renewed every three (3) years.
- Have successfully completed Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness and Training as required by Washington State Law that must be renewed every three (3) years.