Completing the Common App
With more than 800 colleges and universities around the world, the Common App is a way to streamline the application process.
Completing the Coalition App
Many colleges use the Coalition platform for applications. Similar to the Common App, it streamlines your applications by allowing you to select schools from the participating schools to send your application. https://www.coalitionforcollegeaccess.org/
Ordering your transcripts
To order your transcripts, go to Parchment at
Other Application Opportunities
Central Washington University will be offering one-on-one “On the Spot Admissions” appointments on the following dates: September 21-25 & September 28 – October 2. Learn more on the CWU On the Spot Admissions page
CWU on the spot Admissions.docx for more information
Virtual meetings with college representatives
Below is a spreadsheet with scheduled zoom meetings with college reps. If you are interested in attending one of these schools, please join the zoom to learn more about the college/university. Attend the ones you are interested in to gather information to make your choice. Times are during "learning support" but students are still responsible for the work they are missing.
Paying for College
Complete your FAFSA as soon as possible. Watch for Family Financial Aid Information Events coming soon!
Students can also look into the following:
- Washington College Grant as an opportunity for paying for college.
- Financial aid calculator to help with an estimate of aid they may received.
- Families may also look into the CSS profile as another resource.
- Washington Student Achievement Council website for FAFSA assistance: https://wsac.wa.gov/apply
- SKHS Post High School Handbook 21-22.pdf
- Financial Aid Overview.pdf
- College Prep Checklist.pdf
- OC Options and Opportunities.pdf
- Create your FSA ID here--Do this first!
- Financial Aid Overview
- College Bound Scholarship Program (https://readysetgrad.wa.gov/college/college-bound-scholarship-program)
- Washington College Grant flyer in English, flyer in Spanish, Russian, Somali or Vietnamese, website, and video.
- College Knowledge handouts on FAFSA, WASFA, and Paying for College inEnglish | Russian | Somali | Spanish | Vietnamese